Big truths for young hearts : teaching and learning the greatness of God / Bruce A. Ware.Publisher: Wheaton, Illinois, USA : Crossway, 2009Copyright date: ©2009Description: 234 pages ; 23 cmContent type: text Media type: unmediated Carrier type: volumeISBN: 9781433506017 (paperback)Subject(s): Jesus Christ | Christian education of children | Theology, Doctrinal | God (Christianity) -- Juvenile literature | Trinity -- Juvenile literature | Sin -- Christianity -- Juvenile literature | Holy Spirit -- Juvenile literature | Salvation -- Juvenile literature | Church. -- Juvenile literature | Death -- Juvenile literature | Hell -- Juvenile literature | Heaven -- Juvenile literature
|Current library||Collection||Shelving location||Call number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Corinda||Corinda||248.845 WAR BIG 2009 CORINDA (Browse shelf (Opens below))||Available||2823|
|Holland Park||ACBC Approved Reading List titles (Association of Certified Biblical Counselors)||Holland Park Library Room 2||248.845 War Big 2009 c1 (Browse shelf (Opens below))||Available||0031|
Introduction: On raising children to know and love God through raising them to know and love theology --
1. God's word and God's own life as God -- God has made himself known! -- God talks! : the Bible is God's true and lasting word -- God is God apart from us -- God is God with us -- Some truths about God's richness that make him God -- Some truths about God's kindness that make him God --
2. God as three in one -- There is only one God -- One God in three persons -- The Father is God -- The Son is God -- The Holy Spirit is God -- How the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit relate --
3. Creator and ruler of all -- Who made the world? : God (the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) did! -- God rules the world He has made -- God provides all good things in the world -- God controls all bad things in the world -- Our responsibility in the world God controls -- Pain and suffering in the world God controls --
4. Our human nature and our sin -- Men and women, boys and girls, God's masterpiece -- What it means to be made in God's image -- Other features of being human -- How sin came into our world and what sin is -- How sin has spread to all people -- The punishment for our sin --
5. Who Jesus is -- A person who was alive long before He was born! -- The incarnation God and man together -- How Jesus emptied himself in becoming also a man -- Jesus lived in the power of the spirit -- Jesus resisted temptation living a sinless life -- What Christians of the early church came to believe about Christ --
6. The work that Jesus has done -- Jesus' death shows God's justice and his mercy toward our sin -- Jesus paid the full penalty for sin -- Jesus victory over Satan by his payment for sin -- Jesus resurrection : the proof that Christ's death for sin worked! -- Jesus is King over all! -- But is Jesus really the only Savior? --
7. The Holy Spirit -- The work of the Holy Spirit in Old Testament times -- Old Testament promises of future spirit transformation -- The Spirit on Jesus and on Jesus' followers -- The Holy Spirit gives new life in Christ -- The Holy Spirit unites believers together in Christ -- The Holy Spirit fills believers to live for Christ --
8. Our great salvation -- God's kindness and wisdom in choosing some to save -- "Sires, what must I do to be saved?" -- Declared right in God's eyes when we believe -- Made more like Christ through all of our lives -- Saved by good works? No - saved FOR good works? Yes. -- But must people know about and believe in Christ to be saved? --
9. The Church of Jesus Christ -- Jesus is the Lord of the church! -- A people of the new covenant -- Communities of Christians who worship and serve together -- Baptism : picturing Jesus' death and resurrection -- The Lord's Supper : remembering Jesus' death and resurrection -- Growing the church through making disciples --
10. What will take place in the end -- Knowing the future helps in the present -- What happens to grandma when she dies? -- The promise keeping God and the salvation of Israel -- Jesus will come again! -- The suffering of hell and the joys of heaven -- God's greatness and glory shown forever and ever!
Equips parents to guide their young children through all major doctrines in an understandable, chapter-a-day format. In this book Bruce Ware, a theology professor, encourages and enables parents of children 6-14 years of age to teach through the whole of systematic theology at a level their children can understand. Parents can teach their children the great truths of the faith and shape their world views early.
Children grades 2-6.